[open-humanities] Anyone up for a quick 'open data in humanities' Skype call?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon Jan 24 13:36:52 UTC 2011

Anyone up for a quick Skype call? ;-)

It would be great to get the ball rolling on the OKF humanities
working group. In particular:

  * Setting up: http://humanities.okfn.org/ - with links, about text,
etc. (Anyone good at making nice images/graphics?)
  * Brainstorming about interesting open data in humanities
people/projects that we could ask for guest posts
  * Starting to scope out and document open datasets relevant to
humanities research
  * Starting to document tools (and ideas for tools) that could be
useful in humanities research (e.g. we're doing work on a web-based
annotation system which could be useful to share notes on texts, etc.)
  * [your idea here!]

Anyone interested? All in favour say 'aye', then if folks are
interested we can see roughly when would be a good time (e.g. with a
Doodle poll)...

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator