[open-humanities] Anyone up for a quick 'open data in humanities' Skype call?

Janneke Adema ademaj at uni.coventry.ac.uk
Mon Jan 24 14:20:55 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan,

I am in of course.

Will think about some other ideas too!

Cheers,
Janneke

Janneke Adema | Email: ademaj at uni.coventry.ac.uk | Mobile: ++447808738388 | www.openreflections.wordpress.com | http://twitter.com/Openreflections

From: open-humanities-bounces at lists.okfn.org [open-humanities-bounces at lists.okfn.org] on behalf of Jonathan Gray [jonathan.gray at okfn.org]
Sent: 24 January 2011 13:36
To: open-humanities
Subject: [open-humanities] Anyone up for a quick 'open data in humanities'      Skype call?

Anyone up for a quick Skype call? ;-)

It would be great to get the ball rolling on the OKF humanities
working group. In particular:

  * Setting up: http://humanities.okfn.org/ - with links, about text,
etc. (Anyone good at making nice images/graphics?)
  * Brainstorming about interesting open data in humanities
people/projects that we could ask for guest posts
  * Starting to scope out and document open datasets relevant to
humanities research
  * Starting to document tools (and ideas for tools) that could be
useful in humanities research (e.g. we're doing work on a web-based
annotation system which could be useful to share notes on texts, etc.)
  * [your idea here!]

Anyone interested? All in favour say 'aye', then if folks are
interested we can see roughly when would be a good time (e.g. with a
Doodle poll)...

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator