[open-humanities] Open Literature Bulletin and Doodle for Skype Chat

James Harriman-Smith open-shakespeare at okfn.org
Fri Oct 28 15:41:37 UTC 2011

Dear all,

Following the merge of the Open Literature list into Open Humanities, this
is the first open literature bulletin to appear here.  For my new readers, I
write a very short email most Fridays updating people on developments
related to Open Shakespeare, Open Correspondence and more general events in
the field of literature. For this week, I have the following news, along
with an admin request...

- Victory for OKF's Open Reading in Inventare il futuro competition - more
details including blog post, coming soon, but for now see:
http://www.unibo.it/InventareFuturo/premiazione.html

- New word of the day on Open Shakespeare: 'dickens' -
http://openshakespeare.org/word/dickens - past catalogue here:
http://openshakespeare.org/word/ <http://openshakespeare.org/word/dickens>

- Open Shakespeare received a mail from Palgrave Macmillan asking us to
review Rasmussen's *The Shakespeare Thefts *(
http://www.amazon.com/Shakespeare-Thefts-Search-First-Folios/dp/0230109411),
which is all about the missing, in some cases privately kep First Folios. I
asked for a review copy, and if anyone has any questions they want me to
pose the book re: open access, do let me know. I shall also publish my
thoughts to the list pre-publication for comment.

- Work will be undertaken to set up http://humanities.okfn.org in the coming
weeks as an online hub for Open Humanities discussion.

- We would like to set up a regular (once a month at least) Open Humanities
Skype chat. Please take the time to fill out the following doodle with your
availabilities in November, in the hope of organising something before
December is upon us: http://www.doodle.com/pgi4dqdggqdpqrex

Have a good weekend everyone,

James

--
James Harriman-Smith
Open Literature Working Group Coordinator