[open-humanities] Statement on Open Access from History Journal editors

Andrea Zanni aubreymcfato at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 09:46:32 UTC 2012

The plagiarism is a very odd critic, people don't get that a CC license
protects their moral rights as well as (if not better) than copyright.
Another concept that is difficult to grasp is that scholars don't write for
money, but for "reputation":
it is a completely different system, that should be managed as a commons.
They are just scared about the remote eventuality that someone will get
rich selling their articles,
when they in the first place cannot....
(I find this "proprietary mindset" very human and very sad)

Aubrey

http://aubreymcfato.wordpress.com