[open-humanities] TEXTUS/OpenPhilosophy.org Updates and User Testing Workshop

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Thu May 10 15:37:11 UTC 2012

Dear Humanities Lists,
---
*First*, a heads up that we have a very first demo up of the annotation
renderer currently working on a section of Plato's *Meno*. Check it out at *
http://beta.openphilosophy.org*.

Do reply on the list with queries and comments. For all those who want to
look at and/or fork the code it is in the usual GitHub
repo<https://github.com/okfn/textus>
.
---
*Second*, we will be running our first TEXTUS/OpenPhilosophy.org user
testing workshop on* 21st May 2012 at Goldsmiths University of London from
13:00-18:00* .

We will be doing three main things:

1. Importing texts into TEXTUS and marking them up;
2. Trying to break the current TEXTUS demo!
3. Sourcing public domain material for uploading into OpenPhilosophy.org

Anyone who is in London and would be interested in joining the session,
email me on sam.leon at okfn.org.

If you can't make it, not to worry. We will be giving everyone an
opportunity to do what we did on the day at home. Just make sure you have
signed up to be a BETA tester. <goog_809465430>*Sign up
here<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEhSTy1rYk9pOFNzbTJZUmt5NDRJZEE6MQ#gid=0>
.*
---
*Third*, Tom Oinn (lead developer on TEXTUS) and myself will be at
BiblioHack <http://blog.okfn.org/2012/05/09/hackathon-alert-bibliohack/>between
13th-14th June at Queen Mary, University of London. We'll be
demoing TEXTUS and encouraging people to hack on it, write extensions and
code their own import scripts for texts they might want to upload into
OpenPhilosophy.org.

For more info on BiblioHack and to sign up to the event go to the *OKFN blog
* <http://blog.okfn.org/2012/05/09/hackathon-alert-bibliohack/>.
---
That's it for now folks, but more updates to follow!
All the best,
Sam
--
Sam Leon