[open-humanities] New website for Textus at http://okfnlabs.org/textus/

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Dec 27 22:48:37 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I spent 30m deploying a simple new site for the Textus project at:

http://okfnlabs.org/textus/

This uses github pages and existing Textus
repo<https://github.com/okfn/textus> (so
to edit the site just edit the repo!)

The main motivation for this was:

   - Have a good online location for key Textus docs - especially the Textus
   "format" spec <http://okfnlabs.org/textus/doc/textus-format.html>
   - Provide a simple overview of the Textus "v2" plans (this is primarily
   provided by form of the slide-deck

I think these will be especially uesful as we ramp up to the Textus and
Open Literature sprint on the 25th Jan.

Regards,

Rufus

PS: the existing Textus project website was
http://textusproject.com/(wordpress powered). The reason for not just
updating this was need to
integrate the documentation which was in markdown files in the github repo.
Given this github pages seemed simplest. I propose that we now deprecate
textusproject.org and integrate any existing content into this new site
(but this is not a high priority)

--

*Rufus PollockFounder and Executive Director | skype: rufuspollock |
@rufuspollock <https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>The Open Knowledge