[open-humanities] New website for Textus at http://okfnlabs.org/textus/

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Dec 29 16:50:34 UTC 2013

On 29 December 2013 14:04, John Levin <john at anterotesis.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Looking good, but I found a couple of bugs:
>
> The last line seems to be missing its conclusion:
> "Note these components are under active development as under"

Fixed. Note anyone can edit the site - just edit this page
https://github.com/okfn/textus/blob/gh-pages/index.md

Also the link to beta.openphilosophy just leads to san 'application error'
> message.

Indeed. Seems that it is down atm. Will have to check in with current
maintainer. (And all the more reason to get OpenLiterature up!)

HTH

Thanks!

Rufus

John

> On 27/12/2013 22:48, Rufus Pollock wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I spent 30m deploying a simple new site for the Textus project at:
>>
>> http://okfnlabs.org/textus/
>>
>> This uses github pages and existing Textus repo
>> <https://github.com/okfn/textus> (so to edit the site just edit the
>> repo!)
>>

>> The main motivation for this was:
>>
>>   * Have a good online location for key Textus docs - especially the
>>     Textus "format" spec <http://okfnlabs.org/textus/
>> doc/textus-format.html>
>>   * Provide a simple overview of the Textus "v2" plans (this is
>>
>>     primarily provided by form of the slide-deck
>>
>> I think these will be especially uesful as we ramp up to the Textus and
>> Open Literature sprint on the 25th Jan.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rufus
>>
>> PS: the existing Textus project website was http://textusproject.com/
>> (wordpress powered). The reason for not just updating this was need to
>> integrate the documentation which was in markdown files in the github
>> repo. Given this github pages seemed simplest. I propose that we now
>> deprecate textusproject.org <http://textusproject.org> and integrate any
>>
>> existing content into this new site (but this is not a high priority)
>>

> --
> John Levin
> http://www.anterotesis.com
> http://twitter.com/anterotesis

*Rufus PollockFounder and Executive Director | skype: rufuspollock |
@rufuspollock <https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>The Open Knowledge
Foundation <http://okfn.org/>Empowering through Open
Knowledgehttp://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn
<http://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKF on Facebook