[open-humanities] The First Folio

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 24 12:53:26 UTC 2014

On 24/04/14 09:41, Iain Emsley wrote:
> Not sure if anyone has noticed but the Bodleian have digitised a
> copy of the First Folio under CC BY 3.0:
> http://firstfolio.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/ as part of the Sprint for
> Shakespeare: http://shakespeare.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/
>
> Both texts and images are available.

To be accurate we've only released the image of the first folio
and a single play so far (Henry V). The rest will be released
little by little along with improvements to the website. (If you
have suggestions I'm sure shakespeare at bodleian.ox.ac.uk will be
glad to hear of them.)

But yes, all the hi-res images and TEI XML is released under a
CC+by license.

Best,
-James