[open-humanities] Fwd: Digital Scholarly Editions Infrastructure Survey

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 26 10:02:31 UTC 2014

FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Digital Scholarly Editions Infrastructure Survey
Date: 	Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:01:06 +0100
From: 	Magdalena Turska <tuurma at GMAIL.COM>
To: 	TEI-L at LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

Technology, Standards, Software
Digital Scholarly Editions Survey

Dear all,

The requirements study for a publication architecture targeting
multiple media is one of my research priorities for the DiXiT
<http://dixit.uni-koeln.de/project.html?&L=1> Network.

A survey that hopefully will help to assess the software and
technologies used for creation and publishing of digital
scholarly editions. The survey is available at
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/publishing_digital_editions.

We are inviting scholars, young researchers, teachers and
students involved in any part of the process of creation and
publishing of editions to participate in this study. If you have
doubts whether your project is an edition or archive project,
please complete the survey anyway. If you feel you lack the
technical expertise to answer all the questions, do it anyway as
best you can and consider asking someone else to complete the
survey as well.

We are primarily interested with the tools and workflows
associated with processes of creation and publishing of digital
scholarly resources. Therefore we are especially interested in
descriptions of the bespoke tools and pipelines employed in your
project so we’d appreciate answering the open questions as fully
as possible. The results of the study will be used to help create
requirements and develop tools for digital scholarly editions in
particular and digital humanities in general.

The content written by you in the survey is strictly anonymous
and your participation is entirely voluntary.
It should take approximately 20 minutes to complete.

If you have any questions or require more information about this
study, please contact me using the following details:

Magdalena Turska – University of Oxford
Researcher for Digital Scholarly Editions
magdalena.turska at it.ox.ac.uk <mailto:magdalena.turska at it.ox.ac.uk>

This study is funded by the European Commission through DiXiT
Marie Curie Actions research programme.

Kind regards,

Magdalena Turska
Researcher for Digital Scholarly Editions
University of Oxford