[open-humanities] Announce for Open Literature Sprint

James Harriman-Smith james.harriman-smith at okfn.org
Mon Jan 6 09:57:24 UTC 2014

Hi Rufus, list,

I started tweeting about the event over the weekend, and Sam Moore put the
announce up on the Humanist mailing list this morning. Here, for anyone
else reading this is the raw announcement:

Calling all those with an interest in bringing the humanities online:

The Open Knowledge Foundation's Open Literature project is one dedicated
sprint away from being ready to go online. This open service will offer
anyone the opportunity to upload, analyse, present and annotate
public-domain texts; it builds on the functionality of the OKF's recent <a
href="
http://openliterature.net/2013/03/12/o-brave-new-world-the-future-of-open-shakespeare-is-open-literature/
">Open Shakespeare</a> and <a
href="http://textusproject.org/">Textus</a> Projects
to become a tool of use to a great range of scholars in the humanities.

   - *When*: 25th January 2014, 11am – 6pm (if 11am is too early for you
   it’s OK to join later!)

   - *Where*: Centre for Creative Collaboration, 16 Acton Street, London,
   WC1X 9NG

   - *Who*: Anyone interested in literature, philosophy and taking these
   online

   - *Signup*:
   http://www.meetup.com/OpenKnowledgeFoundation/London-GB/1070532/

   - *Mailing list*: For updates, please join the Open Humanities mailing
   list: open-humanities at lists.okfn.org

More details about the day, including an overview of potential activities,
are availbale on the Open Humanities Website:
http://humanities.okfn.org/open-literature-sprint-jan-2014/

If you have any questions, contact: james.harriman-smith at okfn.org

And a link to my tweet:
https://twitter.com/jharrimansmith/statuses/419800411625623552

Yours,

James

On 6 January 2014 09:51, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> I was just wondering how the drafting of the announce for the sprint was
> going? I think we want to push this out reasonably soon and having
> something we can copy and paste to emails and blog posts would be amazing.
>
> Rufus

James Harriman-Smith
Open Literature Working Group Coordinator
Open Knowledge Foundation
http://okfn.org/members/jameshs
Skype: james.harriman.smith