[open-humanities] Announce for Open Literature Sprint

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jan 9 12:09:44 UTC 2014

On 6 January 2014 09:57, James Harriman-Smith <james.harriman-smith at okfn.org
> wrote:

> Hi Rufus, list,
>
> I started tweeting about the event over the weekend, and Sam Moore put the
> announce up on the Humanist mailing list this morning. Here, for anyone
> else reading this is the raw announcement:

Is there a list of email lists / places to contact? My immediate thoughts
would be:

- University departments in London
- digital humanities lists
- okfn-en list
- okfn-discuss
- okfn-labs
- ...

We could then assign these to people.

Also do we have an announce version that is usable (copy and paste) for
*mailing* lists.

Also would be good to get blog posts up on
- Would be good to get a post on labs up

> Calling all those with an interest in bringing the humanities online:
>
> The Open Knowledge Foundation's Open Literature project is one dedicated
> sprint away from being ready to go online. This open service will offer
> anyone the opportunity to upload, analyse, present and annotate
> public-domain texts; it builds on the functionality of the OKF's recent <a
> href="
> http://openliterature.net/2013/03/12/o-brave-new-world-the-future-of-open-shakespeare-is-open-literature/
> to become a tool of use to a great range of scholars in the humanities.

This is good but could we make it a bit terser :-) (can we make 1-2
sentences - and can we drop Textus reference etc etc). (Imagine no-one
clicks on the links ...)

>    - *When*: 25th January 2014, 11am – 6pm (if 11am is too early for you
>    it’s OK to join later!)
>

>    - *Where*: Centre for Creative Collaboration, 16 Acton Street, London,
>    WC1X 9NG

Mentions its 5m from Kings Cross (?). Link to a map (google or
openstreetmap)

>    - *Who*: Anyone interested in literature, philosophy and taking these
>    online
>

>    - *Signup*:
>    http://www.meetup.com/OpenKnowledgeFoundation/London-GB/1070532/
>

>    - *Mailing list*: For updates, please join the Open Humanities mailing
>    list: open-humanities at lists.okfn.org
>

> More details about the day, including an overview of potential activities,
> are availbale on the Open Humanities Website:
> http://humanities.okfn.org/open-literature-sprint-jan-2014/

People will rarely click on links so I'd inline here a bit more info about
what you can do on the day.

Rufus

> If you have any questions, contact: james.harriman-smith at okfn.org

> And a link to my tweet:
> https://twitter.com/jharrimansmith/statuses/419800411625623552
>
> Yours,
>
> James
>

> On 6 January 2014 09:51, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi James,
>>
>> I was just wondering how the drafting of the announce for the sprint was
>> going? I think we want to push this out reasonably soon and having
>> something we can copy and paste to emails and blog posts would be amazing.
>>
>> Rufus

> James Harriman-Smith
> Open Literature Working Group Coordinator
> Open Knowledge Foundation
> http://okfn.org/members/jameshs
> Skype: james.harriman.smith

*Rufus PollockFounder and Executive Director | skype: rufuspollock |
@rufuspollock <https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>The Open Knowledge
Foundation <http://okfn.org/>Empowering through Open
Knowledgehttp://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn
<http://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKF on Facebook