[open-humanities] OpenLiterature v1.0 - let's do a reboot!

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Feb 15 13:39:05 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I wanted to restart the conversation on getting OpenLiterature v1.0
launched. In terms of key steps:

1. Identify the minimal viable product for OpenLiterature.net

This also relates to minimal viable "Textus" platform to power this (for
background and slide deck see http://okfnlabs.org/textus/). At present the
key things would be finishing the viewer JS lib (we are 80% there) and
integrating this into the wordpress site.

Requirement: a discussion on this list

We already have an issue list
<https://github.com/okfn/openliterature.net/issues> that could be useful

2. Estimate work and skills needed

My guess is we are talking about 3-6 person weeks here to get to MVP -
though we would need to properly estimate.

3. Recruit team

Anticipate roles like:

- Product Owner
- Cat herder (scrum master)
- Site Editor
- Designer
- Frontend JS (viewer)
- Wordpress Plugin write (PHP)

Probably work asynchronously around a series of sprints (e.g. a few weekend
or Saturday sprints)

Who's interested? In particular, who would be interested in coordinating
the initial phase of getting us all moving again?

Rufus