[Open-Legislation] Helping a parliament go digital

Anna Kuliberda anna.kuliberda at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 12:42:20 UTC 2011

Hi,
Somehow I know Polish Government Legislation Centre  (*Rządowe Centrum
Legislacji*) uses an application to do its work. However nobody outside this
body has seen it so far and I can't say anything more about it.
There is some Polish non-governmental moves being done on this to give this
application to the public - I google translated the request that was send to
our Prime Minister:
*
Government Legislation Centre operates legislative application, which is
addressed to government officials interested in law-making process at both
central and local levels. Its main purpose is to raise the professional
qualifications of officials and to familiarize them with the process of
lawmaking. RCL also implements project "Promotion and implementation of
improvement and unification of the offices of legislative techniques that
support the public authorities", which is co-financed by the European
Union. The
project for trainee legislative are organized additional training, including
a workshop and seminar courses in the field of practical problems of
legislation. Legislative application is only available to state officials,
and training materials generated both within the application, as well as the
implementation of the above. project, are not available to the general
public.*

you can find out more here (polish only) http://prawo.vagla.pl/node/9481 (in
the middle of the post)

best wishes