[Open-Legislation] Reply to: API for EU legislation

Niels Erik Kaaber Rasmussen niels at buhlrasmussen.eu
Thu May 26 10:30:45 UTC 2011

 Dear 'Open-Legislation'

 I found your thread on our EU API here (dated May 6) and would be glad
 to know which kind of terms and conditions you'd like to see present at
 the API. The data is not ours it is taken from different official
 sources, so we can't really license it - what we can do is to provide a
 free an open interface for others to use it.

 In regards to itsyourparliament - the data we have there has been
 public nearly since the opening of the site in the beginning of 2010,
 see http://www.itsyourparliament.eu/api/

 Stefan Marsiske states that "...there is unclear licensing, and it's
 not really open." - we are sorry for the unclear licensing, how can we
 fix that? And what can we do to make it really open?

 Best, Niels Erik
--
 http://buhlrasmussen.eu
 (+45) 2680 9492