[Open-Legislation] Belgian initiative BeLaws

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 17:02:46 UTC 2011

Hi list,

I'm Pieter Colpaert from Belgium and the software for our site where the
laws get published has not been updated since 1999.

http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/cgi_wet/wet.pl

As every Belgian should know the Belgian law by heart, we decided to
create an easier way to refresh your mind. We scraped all the laws and
made a new search interface for it. It is not perfect but it is already
a huge improvement of the official site.

http://belaws.be

On top of the page you can navigate towards the documentation of the
API. All the code behind this website is open-source perlcode and can be
found here:

https://github.com/timesselens/BeLawsHub

The maindeveloper of this project is in CC.

Are there similar efforts? Are there ideas to enhance this with already
existing tools? Can we work together in some way?

Kind regards,

Pieter

--
iRail vzw/asbl