[Open-Legislation] Belgian initiative BeLaws

Peter Krantz peter.krantz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 19:17:04 UTC 2011

2011/10/22 Pieter Colpaert <pieter.colpaert at gmail.com>:

> As every Belgian should know the Belgian law by heart, we decided to create
> an easier way to refresh your mind. We scraped all the laws and made a new
> search interface for it. It is not perfect but it is already a huge
> improvement of the official site.
>
> http://belaws.be

Cool! Similar situation in Sweden. The official website for laws
doesn't even have a domain name: http://62.95.69.15/

Staffan Malmgren has created a much better version over at
https://lagen.nu/  (literal translation: "the law . now")

One of the more interesting features of the community version are the
comments added by lawyers, law students and citizens and the fact that
it is part of the semantic web (check out the nifty permanent URL:s
for laws, sections and paragraphs).

An interesting aspect is that lagen.nu is increasingly being
referenced in official documents from the government:-)

The community version is also open source if I remember correctly.

Regards,

Peter Krantz
http://www.opengov.se