[Open-Legislation] Belgian initiative BeLaws

Nuno Moniz nunompmoniz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 23:09:53 UTC 2011

Hello!

I'm from Portugal.
I'm currently developing something similar here.
All our legislation is in PDF's, so it's taking me a while (understatement)
to get it all out. But, anyway, I hope to have some of the past years
available in a few months with simple interface to go with it for the
moment.
One idea that I'm implementing and I can't know for sure, because I don't
understand either the languages, is an idea a friend from law gave me:
A lot of legislation here in Portugal, I don't know your cases, is
interlinked. As such: Law-Decree xx changes Law-Decree in the article xº
paragraph 1 line a).
An idea she gave was to be able to see the current (with updates from all
the changes) laws.
Don't know if it helps.

BeLaws: nice simple interface. Like it. And the lagen.nu idea of feedback
from the user community also.

Cheers,

Nuno Moniz.