[Open-Legislation] EU Cases project

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Wed Dec 4 15:12:35 UTC 2013

a good start could be: https://github.com/stef/le-n-x/tree/master/bonobo

> However, that isn't quite what I meant.
>
> First, I think it would be better if the legislation was published online
> with internal linking rather than having to install something user-side.
> Whether that is by the EU or not isn't so important but it seems to me that
> isn't such a piece of cake.

> What is really wanted is something that links to individual parts of an
> instrument. That should be fairly easy given EU drafting styles (much
> easier than for UK legislation) but is a little more work in filtering and
> would require instruments with suitable anchors in them.

i did so in pippi, with data from eurlex:
http://pippi.euwiki.org/doc/CELEX:31994D0170:EN#Article_3
                                               ^^^^^^^^^^ you can link directly

you can even use aliases:
http://pippi.euwiki.org/doc/Decision/1994/0170/EC#Article_3

> While I can roll my own filters, I don't have the time - or resources - to
> set up a website to do that, but I would happily invest some time if others
> wanted to put such a thing together. I'd find it really exciting because it
> would save me a lot of time.

i hope you can use the newly found time productively ;)

--
pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6  3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF