[Open-Legislation] Re: Open Legislation for all of us!

Augusto Herrmann augusto.herrmann at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 13:43:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

great to see a group being formed within the OKF to study open legislation
standards and practices.

You may have heard of it, but I haven't seen this relevant project
mentioned on this list. CEN Metalex is an XML standard for representing
sources of law and references to sources of law [1] in Europe. There are
similar projects around the world, such as Akoma Ntoso [2] in Africa, which
is sponsored by the UN, and LexML in Brazil [3].

Apologies for not attending to OKCon as well. The Ministry of Planning
aborted our trip to Switzerland at the last minute and there was nothing we
could do.

Best regards,
Augusto Herrmann

[1] http://metalex.eu/