[Open-Legislation] Smart Order Papers + Bills

Graeme Jones jonesiom at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 17:07:09 UTC 2014

>> there's some very useful work (that hasn't been done really) linking
them up
>> with debates and current legislation

I did not realise we do not have smart order papers in the lower house or
upper house - only at the joint sitting (Tynwald); the UK Parliament asked
us for some feedback at the time they were introduced:
http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/opqp/opqp/2014-PP-0025.pdf

We do not generally reprint the green Bill, only the consolidated white
Royal Assent Act in the joint sitting.

We have a progress of bills page but note that you have to click a bill for
a non-unique text section:
http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/bills/Pages/default.aspx

We have just introduced a replay service, itemised by Bill debates though:
http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/listen/Pages/14-14.aspx
11 February 2014 - Legislative Council - Copyright Etc (Amendment) Bill
2013:
http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/listen/AgainFiles/2884a.mp3

Best regards,
Graeme