[Open-Legislation] Historic Statutes - Isle of Man

Graeme Jones jonesiom at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 15:59:20 UTC 2014

Yes, I met up with Antonio Acunas in London to help IOM switch from Crown
Copyright to UK OGL.

Ok, we do still have the bill at each stage and already have PDFs 10+
years....

I exhaustively tested OCR systems and third party hardware and finally
settled on an Abbyy app server (£100) with a high end Canon scanner (£6k).
 We will definitely drag and drop all documents into an app server polled
network folder to conver to OCR PDF before upload but the OCR quality is
worthless when the documents are handwritten beyond the late 1800s, of
course.

Best regards,
Graeme