[open-linguistics] Self-Introduction: John McCrae

John McCrae jmccrae at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Feb 1 20:11:48 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I would just quickly like to introduce myself to the list. I have been a
post-doc at CITEC, University of Bielefeld, Germany since 2009, working with
Philipp Cimiano and Dennis Spohr

I am part of the Monnet <http://www.monnet-project.eu/> (Multilingual
Ontologies) project and as such am very interested in the representation of
multilingual information on the semantic web. Currently, we have been
working on the lemon + LexInfo models which aim to provide powerful
representations of lexical information on the semantic web, more details are
available at http://www.lexinfo.net/

Hopefully, we can discuss some of the interesting challenges here of
providing open language resources.

I would also like to thank Sebastian Hellmann for the introduction

Regards,
John McCrae PhD
AG Semantic Computing, CITEC, Universität Bielefeld
Phone: +49 521 106 12223
http://www.sc.cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de/people/jmccrae