[open-linguistics] adding new LLOD bubbles

Antonio Pareja Lora apareja at sip.ucm.es
Sun Mar 11 17:46:27 UTC 2012

Wow!
     Thanks a lot for the very useful information and links you have
sent in your e-mail. I love the protocol/policies you have developed ;-)
     Let's do things the other way around. I prefer being honest and add
the bubbles only when OntoLingAnnot meets ALL the requirements, which
might be by September/October. There is no need to hurry on my part. If
OntoLingAnnot's bubbles are added to the "As of January/February, 2013"
version, that would be just as great.
     The thing is that a first version is already stored in my hard disk
(and backed-up in several USB memories and external hard disks, just in
case ;-)), but I like checking twice and up to ten times the job done,
if necessary. So, from June/July onwards, I (1) will check it all again,
(2) add some properties that I have in mind to add in order to extend
the model, (3) publish it all on my research group's webpage, and (4)
upload them to SVN or alike and let people interact with them (as
Sebastian suggested in the workshop). Then, I will follow the remaining
steps in the protocol so that OntoLingAnnot's datasets can be added to
the current datasets in the diagram.
     As for the "external" links, the ones with OLiA were created for
OntoTag. The taxonomy of morphosyntactic units has not changed much, but
I am not sure that the taxonomies for morphosyntactic
attributes/features and values are the same in OntoLingAnnot. In fact, I
think they have changed a lot. We can check that and create the new
links between OLiA and OntoLingAnnot at some point in the near future -
that might be a nice collaborative research ;-). And you know that,
being part an official member of ISO/TC 37, **I have to** link the
OntoLingAnnot dataset with the ISOcat data categories, but I am not sure
that I should do this before the **real** standardisation process has
started :-(. I hope that the ISO/TC 37 meeting in Madrid can help boot
this task up.
     This is my opinion as of today, when all I can think of is the
courses I have to teach next week :-(. However, if you have a different
opinion, just let me know.
     Best,
                 Antonio.