[open-linguistics] adding new LLOD bubbles

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Sun Mar 11 14:35:24 UTC 2012

Dear Antonio,

yes, we can add a "new bubble" in the diagram at any time, and even before
next Wednesday ;) We have to specify the exact conditions for the process
somewhere with greater level of detail. (And maybe, discuss it on the
mailing list.) So far, the conditions we applied are the same as for the
LOD cloud diagram http://richard.cyganiak.de/2007/10/lod/#how-to-join,
with the following differences:

- As long as we consider this to be a draft, it is sufficient to provide a
committment that the data *will* be provided in this form at some
(unspecified) point in time. As soon as we drop the "draft" attribute, all
data needs to be actually available, or the bubble will be removed. We can
discuss about the time when this should happen, but certainly not earlier
than next year.
- The same is true for links: If someone declares himself responsible for
creating the links (at some point in time), a link will be drawn.
- We have not yet applied any restrictions on the size and the number of
links per data set. This might be necessary with increasing growth of the
diagram.

Further, on the wiki we describe a process for adding a new bubble:
http://wiki.okfn.org/Wg/linguistics/llod#How_to_contribute. It would be
good practice to introduce the new data set and its (prospective)
availability with a message to th mailing list, also, a website should be
provided, or a page in our wiki should be c´reated. The bubble then
contains a hyperlink to this page.

For every new data set, we have to clarify which links with other
resources can be established. For your data, this is probably already the
case, because I have a linking between the OLiA reference model and your
morphosyntactic ontologies. (I guess it hasn't changed too much since
then, has it ?)

Best,
Christian