[open-linguistics] Categories for data in the LLOD Cloud Diagram

John McCrae jmccrae at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jul 11 16:13:43 UTC 2013

Hi all,

It was discussed today generating categories on the current LLOD diagram as
here

https://raw.github.com/jmccrae/llod-cloud.py/master/llod-cloud.july2013.png

The proposal is that we should divide language resources into 6 broad
categories

   - Terminology and lexicon resources (tag: *lexical*)
   - e.g., Wiktionary derived resources
   - Typological Databases (tag: *typological*)
   - e.g., WALS
   - Translation Memories and Bitext (tag: *bitext*)
   - e.g., JRC Names
   - Annotated Corpora (tag: *annotated-corpus*)
   - e.g., Alpino
   - Multimodal resources (tag: *multimodal-corpus*)
   - Not sure if we have any examples as of yet
   - Metadata and linguistic categories (tag: *linguistic-metadata*)
   - e.g., ISOcat

Does this seems like a sufficient division that would clarify the relative
spread of the LLOD data, and does anyone have any other general comments?

Regards,
John