[open-linguistics] Short updates respective LLOD cloud and cordination with OKFN

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Mar 26 17:58:50 UTC 2013

I talked with a lot of people at the recent LOD2 meeting and here are
some updates:

- Richard Cyganiak will try to publish the LLOD cloud image generation
software this week, so we should be able to adapt this and tailor it to
our needs (e.g. colors)

- I talked to Joris Pekel from OKFN. He and others are coordinating the
different working groups.

- He said that information from our group is not really reaching him. I
replied, that it was the other way round as well (no info reaching our
list ;) Ideally, we should solve this interface issue and try to
collaborate more.

- He said that there wasn't a real structure for working groups. He will
take the discussion of how to organize working groups to other groups as
well.

- Joris told me, that there is a small amount of money available (500
Euro) and somebody to help with the blog and the wiki.

- there will be a software to keep track of people and members of the group.

I will write a separate email regarding the organization.

All the best,
Sebastian

--
Dipl. Inf. Sebastian Hellmann