[open-linguistics] telco times

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Tue Mar 26 14:21:00 UTC 2013

Dear all,

there was the complaint at the last telco that the Doodle had too many
options. I totally agree, but these were necessary in order to allow
people from outside Europe (where the majority of people involved
currently resides) to figure out a suitable time for them. Luckily, both
Jonathan Pool from California and Andrea Schalley from Australia could
make it last time, and I'd like to thank them both for doing so despite
the somewhat uncomfortable time slot. Now, the suggestion is that we try
to address the problem globally and identify the time slots that would be
acceptable to both European and the current non-European members.

So, what are your ideas?
I think whatever time we choose, it should be within the margins of
European academic working hours, i.e., between 07:00am and 10:00pm CET.
We might actually think about alternating time slots, an early one (more
acceptable to people from Asia and Australia) and a late one (more
acceptable to people from America).

If we can agree on a time slot that is more or less acceptable for most
people, I would do a Doodle for the next telco that should happen around
the 1st of May.

Best,
Christian
--