[open-linguistics] Call for ideas about organisational structure for OWLG until April 12th

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Mar 26 18:33:23 UTC 2013

Thanks for this email. It is quite long, but well worth reading it, as
it is a good analysis.

I came up with a more refined list of responsibilities and also a list
of expected results to check, whether the person is taking his/her
responsibilities serious. I think, we should demand some reliable
commitment, but keep the tasks minimal, so not to overburden the people.
I see the difference between our views much clearer now. Probably, both
is the best, to have individual discipline, as well as a fixed group of
people who motivate and coordinate contribution.

"Admin" is too technical, I would rather go for "curator" for
content-focussed tasks or coordinator, if it is used with "with" as in
"coordinates with OKFN", e.g. for reporting.
Here is my incomplete list:
http://wiki.okfn.org/Wg/linguistics/tasks

Please refine, this is just a first shot. It is focused on managing our
resources and it certainly neglects the issues raised by Christian.

However, imagine, if we, as a group, were to produce all the things in
the expected results column. I would be very proud of our community.

All the best,
Sebastian

--
Dipl. Inf. Sebastian Hellmann