[open-linguistics] new colored LLOD diagram

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Sat Sep 21 12:21:55 UTC 2013

Dear all,

after MLODE, we thought about a new LLOD diagram drawing software, as
Richard Cyganiac's original scripts could not be adjusted to our needs.

John (McCrae) developed a prototype
(https://github.com/jmccrae/llod-cloud.py) that builds a graph out of the
datahub metadata entries. For upcoming presentations at LDL-2013 and
GSCL-2013, we created a manually enhanced and colored version of the
resulting diagram. Before we bring this online, however, I'd like to ask
for feedback and ideas on this.

It also touches the discussion of LLOD categories we had earlier this
summer. Here, I stayed close to the LREC-2012 categories, but with labels
drawn from OLAC and the LRE resource map:

- CORPUS (lre:corpus, cf. olac:primary_data)
- LANGUAGE_DESCRIPTION (olac:language_description, lre: ???)
- LEXICON (olac:lexicon, lre: lexicon)

All the best,
Christian
--