[open-linguistics] Tutorial on Linked Lexical Resources held at GSCL 2013

Judith Eckle-Kohler eckle-kohler at ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Sep 24 18:44:43 UTC 2013

Hi all,

today, at GSCL 2013, I held a tutorial on Linked Lexical Resources, developed by Iryna Gurevych and me:

"The Practitioner's Cookbook for Linked Lexical Resources"

The tutorial gives an introduction to the foundations of linked lexical resources and provides practical hands-on knowledege about using the particular linked lexical resource UBY.

In case you missed the tutorial, but are interested in doing some self-directed learning, the slides and the example code are both online - both are revised versions of the same tutorial held at RANLP 2013:

Slides: http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Group_UKP/publikationen/2013/ubyTutorial_GSCL2013.pdf

Example Code: http://code.google.com/p/dkpro-tutorials/wiki/UbyTutorial2013

UBY is a large-scale lexical-semantic resource for natural language processing (NLP) based on the ISO standard [http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/typo3conf/ext/rs_linklayout/res/link_ext.gif]  Lexical Markup Framework<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexical_Markup_Framework> (LMF), see http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/data/lexical-resources/uby/

There is also a Semantic Web version of UBY called lemonUBY, which John McCrae, Christian Chiarcos and I have been created, see http://www.lemon-model.net/lexica/uby/

Best
Judith

Dr. Judith Eckle-Kohler
Senior Researcher
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab (UKP Lab)
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckle-kohler at ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/people/senior-staff/dr-judith-eckle-kohler/<http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/people/senior-staff/dr-judith-eckle-kohler/>

www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de<http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de>
Knowledge Discovery in Scientific Literature www.kdsl.tu-darmstadt.de<http://www.kdsl.tu-darmstadt.de/>