[open-linguistics] LLOD diagram draft

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Fri Apr 4 19:44:27 UTC 2014

Dear all,

please find the first draft for the new LLOD cloud diagram attached.

An important difference as compared to the last draft is that *only
datasets with links to other LLOD datasets are included*. Data sets for
which we could not read information from any of the URLs given in Datahub
responded were excluded.

If you don't find your dataset displayed properly (or missing), please
check your Datahub entry!

Differences as compared to last edition:
- Categories revised, now at two levels of granularity (feedback please!)
- Novel data sets, including the datasets of LDL-2014 contributions and
the associated data challenge
- Included linguistically relevant Datahub entries *not* marked as
ressources of the linguistics group (e.g., the Greek WordNet). We
extracted all Datahub entries with tags "llod", "linguistics%20lod",
"lexicon", "corpus", "thesaurus", "linguistic", "linguistics", or
"typology".
- Diagram pruning: Eliminate data sets not linked with other LLOD data sets

Known issues:
- Edge breadth and bubble size reflect the link/triple counts as given in
Datahub. Where this information is not found, edges are missing or bubbles
are equally sized.
- Datasets from the LREC Share Your Resources Initiative have not been
included yet. We can discuss at the telco next week whether we want to
prepare a May-2014 edition that covers this (and other) data.

All the best,
Christian
--
Christian Chiarcos