[open-linguistics] Metadata maintenance at datahub.io

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Sat May 17 12:11:02 UTC 2014

Dear all,

at the telco we discussed strategies to enable multiple users to maintain
datahub entries, as, unfortunately, every entry has only one owner (its
creator) and is not transferrable. This is a problem when we create
datahub entries for potentially relevant LLOD datasets from third parties,
as the original data provider cannot correct this data:

Well, it seems (s)he can:
- In late 2013, datahub introduced organizations
(http://blog.datahub.io/2013/10/11/organization-migration-complete/)
- All members of an organization can edit the organization's datasets.
- "Our" organization is http://datahub.io/organization/owlg.
- To edit existing datasets, add yourself using
http://datahub.io/organization/members/owlg

It is not necessary, however, to be member of
http://datahub.io/organization/owlg if you just want to maintain your own
datasets (you can create your own organization any time). Also, this has
no influence as to whether they will be part of the LLOD cloud diagram.
This is decided on the basis of tags, see datahub.py and
https://github.com/jmccrae/llod-cloud.py.

All the best,
Christian
--