[open-linguistics] GOLD not reachable

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Wed Jan 28 12:13:48 UTC 2015

True, most of GOLD is mirrored in ISOcat, but this was a curated effort by
the RELISH project (https://tla.mpi.nl/relish/), so I'm not sure whether
it's really complete with respect to concepts and if theren aren't any
deviations (corrections) that have been applied while moving from OWL to
ISOcat. In any case, the limited expressivity of ISOcat doesn't allow to
capture OWL axioms (if GOLD has defined any -- need to check), so you
should not expect to find the full semantics in  there, either. The
definitions, however, and hierarchical relations should have been
preserved. In any case, most of this had been done in 2012 (maybe 2013) and
I doubt there would have been updates afterwards.

Best,
Christian