[open-linguistics] Paper on progress of the OWLG Group

Thierry Declerck declerck at dfki.de
Wed Oct 21 10:36:04 UTC 2015

Dear John,

Thanks again for this initiative!
I added a few line on the ENeL stuff (also mentioning Euralex and eLex
conference).
I can write more if space allows it!

I could add a bibliographical entry, but didn't see how it works.
The bibtex is:

    @inproceedings{
  * Title = {Towards a Pan European Lexicography by Means of Linked
    (Open) Data},
  * Author = {Thierry Declerck and Eveline Wand-Vogt and Karlheinz Mörth},
  * Editor = {Iztok Kosem and Milo¨ Jakubíček and Jelena Kallas and
    Simon Krek},
  * BookTitle = {Proceedings of eLex 2015},
  * Month = {8},
  * Year = {2015},
  * Publisher = {Trojina, Institute for Applied Slovene Studies},
  * Organization = {Trojina, Institute for Applied Slovene
    Studies/Lexical Computing Ltd.},
  * Address = {Ljubljana/Brighton}
    }

Greetings from the ICT event (we have a booth for the Pheme project)

Am 11.10.2015 um 17:54 schrieb John McCrae:
> Hi Gerard,
>
> It is about LLOD efforts in the last two years that have been
> supported by the OWLG group.
>
> I am not aware that the resource has been mentioned on the list here
> but it certainly seems relevant, if you want to contribute a line (not
> any more, we have so little space) about this into the paper and we
> can expand it in the final version that would be great.
>
> Regards,
> John
>
> PS. Also it should be in the LLOD cloud... please contribute:
> http://wiki.okfn.org/Working_Groups/Linguistics/How_to_contribute
>

> On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Gerard de Melo <gdm at gmx.net
> <mailto:gdm at gmx.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi John, Christian, and others,
>
>     Could you clarify the scope of this paper a bit further?
>     Is it supposed to be about the OWLG or a report about any LLOD efforts
>     in the last 2 years?
>
>     In the latter case, I would be glad to contribute a short summary
>     about
>     our FrameBase efforts [1]. FrameBase connects linguistic resources
>     (FrameNet and WordNet) with the general LOD cloud (YAGO, Freebase,
>     DBpedia, schema.org <http://schema.org>, etc.) and was one of the
>     3 nominees for Best
>     Student Paper at ESWC 2015, hopefully raising awareness of linguistic
>     resources in the broader Semantic Web community.
>
>     Gerard
>
>     [1] http://framebase.org
>

>     On 2015-10-11 22:28, John McCrae wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > Can all people who wish to be authors on the paper please add
>     your name
>     > and affiliation to the list of authors:
>     >
>     > https://www.overleaf.com/3372158zydqgg
>     >
>     > Regards,
>     > John
>     >
>     > On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Christian Chiarcos
>     > <chiarcos at informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
>     <mailto:chiarcos at informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>
>     > <mailto:chiarcos at informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
>     <mailto:chiarcos at informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >     __
>     >     Dear all,
>     >
>     >     since Friday, I went through the entire document, updated
>     >     introduction, added numbers and wrote coherent texts for
>     vocabulary
>     >     and event overviews and I cut it down to 2300 words (300 too
>     much).
>     >
>     >     I also revised the title, emphasizing LLOD (as the scope of
>     the OWLG
>     >     is originally much broader, even though many are focusing on
>     LLOD
>     >     only -- feedback welcome).
>     >     As for authors, I'd suggest an anonymous submission. We
> [...]

Thierry Declerck,
Senior Consultant at DFKI GmbH, Language Technology Lab
Stuhlsatzenhausweg, 3
D-66123 Saarbruecken
Phone: +49 681 / 857 75-53 58
Fax: +49 681 / 857 75-53 38
email: declerck at dfki.de

Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes