[open-linguistics] Inclusion of 'non-open' resources in the LLOD cloud diagram

Víctor Rodríguez Doncel vrodriguez at fi.upm.es
Mon Sep 7 14:47:57 UTC 2015

Dear John,

Thanks for posting this relevant question.

As a collection I would love to see it as inclusive as possible.
Please do remind that the O in LLOD can also be interpreted as "Open
Standards" rather than "Open Data". Which is the rationale behind
excluding valuable Linked Data resources?
Also, having non-free resources empowers the value of free-resources
---the more resources in the cloud the higher the value of each of them
separatedly. A partially commercial LLOD matches the web in general
--which is also partially commercial.

Best regards,
Víctor

--
Víctor Rodríguez-Doncel
D3205 - Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)

Campus de Montegancedo s/n
Boadilla del Monte-28660 Madrid, Spain
Tel. (+34) 91336 3753
Skype: vroddon3