[open-linguistics] Inclusion of 'non-open' resources in the LLOD cloud diagram

Judith Eckle-Kohler eckle-kohler at ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Sep 8 18:57:31 UTC 2015

Dear all,

in research, open datasets are crucial for reproducing and replicating experiments.

As a researcher, I am interested in ways to easily identify open research datasets, and for me this primarily means datasets published under an open license.

Therefore, the LLOD seemed to be a place where I could be sure to find only datasets with open licenses.

But I think it might be interesting to think about the inclusion of closed datasets into the cloud (apparently some are already included) and add a visual marker as proposed by John (for the more restrictive CC licenses).

We might end up in a discussion about license classification, though (open vs restrictive vs closed etc).

Best regards
Judith

Dr. Judith Eckle-Kohler
Senior Researcher
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing (UKP) Lab
FB 20 / Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckle-kohler at ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de

Web Research at TU Darmstadt (WeRC): www.werc.tu-darmstadt.de
GRK 1994: Adaptive Preparation of Information from Heterogeneous Sources (AIPHES): www.aiphes.tu-darmstadt.de