[open-linguistics] Inclusion of 'non-open' resources in the LLOD cloud diagram

Christian Chiarcos chiarcos at informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Wed Sep 9 14:04:37 UTC 2015

> GOLD, on the other hand, is CC BY 3.0
> <http://linguistics-ontology.org/info/about>, so there is no problem
> in including it (someone should update the metadata).

Thanks for correcting me. I updated the datahub.io entry. Last time I
checked (about 2 years ago, maybe), there was just an informal statement
on supporting openness, but great to see that the GOLD maintainers updated
that. I kept asking them occasionally, though ;)

Unfortunately, the situation wrt. isocat is still unclear (but please
correct me, if I'm wrong), and as it is going through a restructuring
process right now, it is quite important to raise our voice to keep it
alive and (hopefully) open. Maybe the CLARIN members on the list know more
about this.

Best,
Christian
--