[open-linguistics] Inclusion of 'non-open' resources in the LLOD cloud diagram

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Wed Sep 9 14:25:05 UTC 2015

G'day,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 10:04 PM, Christian Chiarcos
<chiarcos at informatik.uni-frankfurt.de> wrote:
>> GOLD, on the other hand, is CC BY 3.0
>> <http://linguistics-ontology.org/info/about>, so there is no problem
>> in including it (someone should update the metadata).
>

> Thanks for correcting me. I updated the datahub.io entry. Last time I
> checked (about 2 years ago, maybe), there was just an informal statement on
> supporting openness, but great to see that the GOLD maintainers updated
> that. I kept asking them occasionally, though ;)

It is hard to keep up-to-date (I didn't know until I checked just now
:-).  Thanks for fixing the datahub.io entry.

> Unfortunately, the situation wrt. isocat is still unclear (but please
> correct me, if I'm wrong), and as it is going through a restructuring
> process right now, it is quite important to raise our voice to keep it alive
> and (hopefully) open. Maybe the CLARIN members on the list know more about
> this.

I am afraid I don't know.

The GORILLA project looks great, I hope we can archive some of our
data there, ..

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies