[open-literature] New Directions

James Harriman-Smith jh570 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 26 18:24:26 UTC 2010

Good Evening,

Open Shakespeare is still ticking along nicely, and I've just got round to
uploading an excellent introduction to *Coriolanus*. Only 10 works left now.

Along with his introduction Professor Richmond also gave us some suggestions
about how Open Shakespeare could develop. Here is a brief précis of his
ideas:

*Diversify resources as much as possible:
**Incorporate select youtube videos with a commentary, and tie them to
texts: perhaps necessitating the creation of a 'home page' for each work?
**Add theatre reviews
**Add concise surveys of recent criticism, with provocative excerpts: (he
cites Eliot's “Hamlet is a failure”)
**Add a Shakespeare dateline (could we use Weaving History?)

*Browse other websites for ideas
**Have a best of page of links, with reviews
(he suggests: http://www.playshakespeare.com)

What do people think? Is it possible to do some of this with the current
site architecture?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

James