[open-literature] Technical Questions

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Oct 1 14:01:57 UTC 2010

Apologies for delayed response -- have been away!

On 26 September 2010 11:54, James Harriman-Smith <jh570 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi  everyone,
> I've just finished a new word of the day article for OS, and was wondering
> if it was possible to hyperlink to a specific point in the text of a play.
> This would make hyperlinks on citations much more useful than they currently
> are...

Completely agree. I think we need to add line numbers. This is not
hard to do -- what we need to do is agree which is our 'main' text to
which links go by default ...

> Also, I think the process by which introductions are pulled from the blog on
> to the main site has some issues: both the Coriolanus and the Much Ado
> introductions, despite being published a while back now, still do not appear
> in the 'Works' section. Does anyone have any ideas why this could be?

At the moment you need to explicitly run the 'work_introductions'
'cron' job on the server to pull new introductions (word of the day is
pulled automatically):

<http://www.openshakespeare.org/cron>

(Just append /work_introductions to that cron url to sync the work
introductions). I have now set this up to be automatic but if you want
to sync the introductions immediately use that cron url.

> Finally, I'm now back in Cambridge, and would love to start getting the OS
> meetings up and running again. Currently Sundays and not Saturdays look good
> this term, although I'm happy to do a week day if that's more convenient for

Sundays are good with me. I'm away for this next week but perhaps
could meet Sunday week (the 10th).

> people. We should also think about recruiting some Freshers...

Definitely. We should repeat our efforts of last year -- we already
have the 'blurb' and the posters:

<http://wiki.okfn.org/p/Open_Shakespeare/Blurb> [one thing to note
though is that we need to change the location as I no longer have my
room at Emma. Can either meet at 37 PS or perhaps James you could book
at room at Peterhouse ...?]

<http://wiki.okfn.org/p/Open_Shakespeare/Publicity>

Anyone up for going to Freshers' Fair and getting an email sent round
the English faculty mailing list?

Rufus
--
Open Knowledge Foundation