[open-literature] open correspondence server

print.crimes print.crimes at yatterings.com
Mon Oct 4 19:44:35 UTC 2010

  Hi Rufus,

Apologies for the delay in replying, I've been offline for a bit.

I'm looking at Xapian for full search (but I'll try Solr as well, was
having a quick look at it today).

I was mooting the idea of using pyparsing for some of the parsing the
names and so on for to get better results which can be categorised for
the RDF.  To paraphrase somebody though, it might be like taking a
howitzer to a sparrow shoot. Since I'm still fairly new to the
virtualenv, I'll leave it for now and find a different method.

I'm trying to start getting search into the letters by the end of the
month, probably through Xapian (which I vaguely remembering doing
something with for Open Milton).

Re: migrating Open Correspondence. I'm in and out but I'll try to be
around on IRC when I'm a bit more awake during one evening.

I think Open Correspondence is beginning to get there :)

Iain