[open-literature] [open-humanities] Open Correspondence site updates

print.crimes print.crimes at yatterings.com
Tue Mar 8 09:39:33 UTC 2011

Thanks for the smiley, Jonathan.

I'd be very interested in writing such a post but first I'd like to try
to finish some tools to start using the data which have been left in a
bit of a state.

Hamann sounds interesting. You've just hit on the big issure for the
project which (I think) I was talking to Jo Walsh about at Dev8d. There
is an XML format which the software reads and will put into the database
(I probably need to actually document it but it is not difficult). The
question is the parsing of the data. Currently the parsing is very much
aimed towards the Dickens letters and are in need of an overhaul which I
was planning on doing as an ongoing project after the next set of
smaller bug fixes to the XML / JSON.

That rather large caveat aside, I'd be interested in working with you on
the Hamann collection if you'd like so that it can made more useful and
general.

Look forward to reading the blog post about Open Philosophy.

As I'm in between jobs this week, I'm around on Skype if it would be
easier to chat. Thursday and Saturday are out at the moment but free at
other times when ever is good for you.

Best,

Iain