[open-science-ox] Next Ox Open Sci - Wed 27 Jun, 7-8:30pm at OeRC

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Sun Jun 10 17:31:10 UTC 2012

Hi All

The next Oxford Open Science meeting will be on Wed 27 June, 7-8:30pm at
OeRC.

As many of the group have a strong interest in scientific publishing, that
will be our focus for this session. I'm inviting several publishers to
attend, if you have contacts you think would be interested please let them
know and pass my details on.

This won't be exclusively an open v closed discussion, we want to hear your
views on the future of how your work gets out there, from peer review to
post peer review, datasets as publications, tools to discover articles,
whatever ideas you have to change the whole process of publication! The
format will be a round table discussion so everyone will have the
opportunity to put across at least ONE change they would really like to see
happen and of course discuss everyone else's ideas.

Please distribute the details below to your social networks and encourage
others to come along.

A draft programme for most other sessions in 2012 is now up on the wiki
http://wiki.okfn.org/Working_Groups/Science/Oxford
This is very much subject to change (especially if  you send me more great
ideas for sessions)

Best wishes

Jenny

Publishing models of the future