[open-science] US Congress considering bill to restrict NIH open access publication

Hilary Spencer h.spencer at natureny.com
Wed Sep 17 16:24:35 UTC 2008

Lots of coverage on Peter Suber's OA News blog:
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/2008_09_07_fosblogarchive.html
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/2008_09_14_fosblogarchive.html

Since the House begins their recess on Sept 26th (and doesn't reconvene
until January), no action will be taken on this bill until 2009:
http://www.libraryjournal.com/info/CA6596784.html?nid=2673#news1