[open-science] Openness and Licensing of (Open) Data

Yishay Mor yishaym at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 16:45:27 UTC 2009

thanks. excellent summary. just one clarification:
If I put my data on the web, with a note attached saying: "you are free to
use this data in any way you please." that, for me, is a license. A very
open, simple, public domain license. If I use data from any source, I want
to know the terms under which I am allowed to use it. That's why I want to
see a license statement.
I'm happy to see commercial exploitation of my work, as long as it doesn't
prohibit future non-commercial use, or future commercial use for that
matter.

 Yishay Mor, Researcher, London Knowledge Lab
  http://www.lkl.ac.uk/people/mor.html
  http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=yishaym%40gmail.com
  +44-20-78378888 x5737