[open-science] Launch of new Working Group on Open Data in Science

Jean-Claude Bradley jeanclaude.bradley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 23:24:56 UTC 2009

Jonathan,
If you are collecting prizes to support Open Data please list the Open
Notebook Science Solubility Challenge Submeta awards:
http://onschallenge.wikispaces.com/submetaawards08

Jean-Claude

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 5:30 AM, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are pleased to announce the launch of a new Working Group on Open
> Data in Science. In the first instance, the group will aim to:
>
>  1. Act as a central point of reference and support for people who
> think they are interested in open data in science.
>  2. Identify practices of early adopters, collecting data and
> developing guides.
>  3. Act as a hub for the development of low cost, community driven
> projects around open data in science.
>
> We are currently working on:
>
>  * a prize for open data in science
>  * a service to request that a given dataset to be made open or to
> request clarification about whether or not it can be re-used
>  * case studies on the benefits of open data in different domains
>
> Further details can be found at:
>
>  http://okfn.org/wiki/wg/science
>  http://blog.okfn.org/2009/03/13/working-group-on-open-data-in-science/
>
> --
> Jonathan Gray
>
> Community Coordinator
> The Open Knowledge Foundation
> http://www.okfn.org

Jean-Claude Bradley, Ph. D.
E-Learning Coordinator for the College of Arts and Sciences
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Drexel University

http://drexel-coas-elearning.blogspot.com
http://drexel-coas-talks-mp3-podcast.blogspot.com/