[open-science] Standards for raw data reporting in Clinical Trials

Rhian.Cunliffe at biomedcentral.com Rhian.Cunliffe at biomedcentral.com
Thu Mar 19 10:21:11 UTC 2009

For those of you that haven't heard of BMC Research Notes
(http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmcresnotes/), it is one of the newer
journals in the BMC-series.

BMC Research Notes is an open access journal publishing scientifically
sound research across all fields of biology and medicine, enabling
authors to publish updates to previous research, software tools and
databases, data sets, small-scale clinical studies, and reports of
confirmatory or 'negative' results.

A key objective with BMC Research Notes is to ensure that associated
data sets are published in standard, reusable formats whenever possible.
Data sets published in the journal will be made publicly accessible in a
way that makes them searchable and easily harvested for reuse. We are
keen, therefore, to support researchers who have a special interest in
data format standardization and we are aiming to develop more
comprehensive data standardisation information for our authors and
readers to enable us to present data in a standardised and mineable way.
If you have any interest in this area of work or any information that
you feel would be of use, please get in touch.

Best wishes,

Rhian Cunliffe
Senior Journal Development Editor, Medicine
BMC-series journals

BioMed Central
Middlesex House
34-42 Cleveland Street
London W1T 4LB

email: researchnotes at biomedcentral.com
Web: www.biomedcentral.com

BioMed Central is moving, please note our new address effective Friday
20th March

BioMed Central
Floor 6, 236 Gray's Inn Road
London, WC1X 8HL