[open-science] The Green Chain Reaction - please get involved

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 11 15:48:49 UTC 2010

I've opened this out to the OKF open-science list as there will be others
who will be interested.

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Heather Piwowar <hpiwowar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter and others,
>
> Sure, I'd be happy to help with that!

Wonderful

> I assume I'll model my emails after the existing ones on the IsItOpen site.
>  Do you have suggestions on how to identify the right person to send the
> emails to?

We know many of them, and they will need customising.

> Are any of the previous IsItOpen enquiries considered "Resolved"?  If not
> and some should be, may I help with that organization?  It would help my
> browsing :)

That would be REALLY great. If you can say something like - "many thanks for
replying, and we're very happy / would like more info, etc..."

> In short:  let me know when and how to start.
>
> btw to see if I could edit the green chain wiki etc I added IsItOpen
> volunteering as an area where people can help contribute.  After I did that
> I realized maybe you didn't want to highlight this sort of volunteering
> rolled under the umbrella of the green chain project?  If that is true, let
> me know and I'll remove it.

I'm very happy for it to be highlighted! It allows me to highlight you, the
OKF, JISC and several others.

> another btw, I've removed Todd Vision from the email CC.  As my PI, he was
> curious, but I don't want to fill his inbox.

Good.

Hacking code, maybe back in 2 hours