[open-science] Rare Sharing of Data Leads to Progress on Alzheimer’s (NYTimes)

Graham Steel steelgraham at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 14 19:00:06 UTC 2010

Peter/All,

The issue here to me that I'd like to see more widely discussed is who actually has access to such 'open data'.

I'm 99.9% certain that I read a comment yesterday, that gaining access to the data from the Alzheimer's dataset requires a log-in/approval.

There was a similar situaion in June in terms of Pharma data from failed Alzheimer's drug trials being made 'open'.

Drug Makers Will Share Data From Failed Alzheimer's Trials - WSJ

--

See this thread and you'll see what i'm getting at.

gks