[open-science] IsItOpen letter for feedback

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 20 07:06:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Heather Piwowar <hpiwowar at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hullo OKFN,
>
> We've drafted a letter to send to publishers on behalf of the OKF through
> IsItOpen, requesting clarification on journal policies with respect to Open
> Data.  We've received feedback on the draft from several sources and the
> letter has improved greatly as a result.  Your turn!

Many thanks for your rapid and dedicated help, Heather. I have added some
notes at the end to cover some of the points we discussed, include those
raised by PeterS.

> Please have a look at it here:
> http://okfnpad.org/isitopenLetters
>
> and add your comments and suggestions.
>
> Although we aren't in a rush, we'd like to send the email out relatively
> soon so please comment in the next few days?

I am visiting Iain_H at BMC today and hope to have a few minutes to discuss
this. That should give good feedback from a mainstream Open Access
(OKD-compliant) publisher.

P.